Thursday, October 21, 2010

16 week appointment tonight!

Everything went well, I'm measuring right on track as is the baby.  The baby was moving all around and it took a couple of minutes to locate the heartbeat - but it was there :)

My midwife lent us some books and CDs with affirmations and relaxation exercises.  She also gave me a pregnancy tea recipe that I would like to share:

1 part red raspberry leaf
1 part nettles
1/2 part oatstraw
1/2 part horsetail  
1/2 part mint, lemon, or hibiscus for flavor

She said that I can drink up to a quart a day.  She also recommended a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses per day, taken with milk, for iron and other nutrients.

So, probably not much to report until the anatomy scan on November 11th.  I'll probably take a belly pic this weekend!

1 comment: