Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Double digits!

Less than 100 days until my due date.  It is hard to believe.  And with family visiting, a vacation, and my shower I suspect January will fly by. 

I'm just too lazy to do a picture this week.  We had a lovely white Christmas in Vermont, then managed to miss the blizzard and drive back the next day.  It was nice to have a few days off and also great to see the family.

I love spending time with my nephews for many reasons, but one thing that is neat is that we get to do some "practice" parenting.  Holding, feeding, and entertaining the baby, and trying to figure out to get him to nap.  Redirecting 3-year old melt downs without giving in to demands.  Watching him decide Uncle Steve is really great and preferring him even to mormor (grandma) was so sweet.  Reliving the eternity that is Christmas Eve to a child before the presents are doled out.

Next week: a pic, and hopefully a post about nursery progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment