Thursday, March 31, 2011

Solved - the case of the missing cord stump

Hannah lost her cord stump in the NICU. And by lost, I mean that we opened up her swaddle one day and it was gone. We searched the blanket and the crib all over but it was just gone. Steve was disappointed but I was partially relieved because I thought it was kind of gross and I wasn't sure I wanted to keep it.

Fast forward about 4 weeks to yesterday. I'm getting in the car to go to the chiropractor (my hip is killing me) and what do I see on the passenger seat? Yup, the cord stump. How or got there I have no idea. Presumably it hitched a ride on our clothes or my purse. Steve is now determined to keep it, and I can't really argue. It seemed motivated to come home with us.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! I was so excited to be the first to see Merritt's new belly button, which meant that I was there when it literally fell off. But one minute it was there, and the next I could not find it for the life of me. Never saw it again.

    Hmm, the mysteries of the NICU's disappearing cord stumps...

    ReplyDelete