Sunday, May 8, 2011

My mom is awesome!

I have been meaning to write this post ever since my mom and sister left, and of course it is hard to find the time.  I thought today would be appropriate, even though it's not Mother's Day in Sweden yet.  My mom did so much to make my life easier during the week they were here.  Anyone who knows her, know that she is a) very sweet and b) a tireless workhorse.  Both of those qualities were out in full force.  I am sure this list is not comprehensive, but just to give you an idea, here are some of the things she did when she was here:

-Took Hannah overnight several nights so I could get some sleep.
-Cooked several meals, often also doing the dishes, and made enough for us to freeze.
-Laundry.
-Fixed a skirt for me.
-Watched Hannah so that I could reorganize my closet.
-Reorganized Hannah's closet while I held her and gave instructions. (Side note: Hannah has 35 hats!)
-Watched Hannah so I could do a little gardening.
-Watched Hannah so I could run a couple of errands.
-Helped me give Hannah a bath (so much easier with two sets of hands!)
-Went through my pantry, reorganized and got rid of expired stuff.
-Unloaded the dishwasher.

And last but not least, kept me company, which made the days a lot more fun.

All of these little things made life so much easier.  I miss my mom!

(And a special shout-out to Caroline for always setting the table and bringing me about a million things while I was nursing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment