Monday, May 9, 2011

Weight Watchers week 2 = success!

So I didn't post about week 1 because I only lost 0.8 lbs and I was disappointed.  I thought maybe the plan was too easy, and it wouldn't work for me.  I did stick with it and this week it paid off - I lost 4.6 lbs for a total loss of 5.4 lbs!  Four more and I am at my pre-pregnancy weight, and I plan to keep on going.  One nice thing about breastfeeding is that they give you about 2,000 calories a day so I can eat three normal (healthy) meals plus a couple of snacks and even have room for a small treat.  It's so different from the last time (in 2001-2002) when I got about 1,250 calories a day and really struggled to get through the day.

I like routine so it's easy for me to have a few options for breakfast (egg sandwich, kefir with high-fiber cereal, or cheese toast) have a turkey sandwich with baby carrots and/or grape tomatoes for lunch, and have a reasonable portion of whatever we are having for dinner.  (Turkey burgers have become a recent favorite.)

Hopefully my goal of fitting into some of my clothes by the time I go back to work will be achieved!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Losing over 5 pounds is just awesome!I have just found your blog and am so glad that I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your weight loss! I have lost 15lbs in 7 weeks with weight watchers :) It is so easy!

    ReplyDelete